Mule deer advisory board in montana

Unlucky

Curious are they going to create a mule advisory board in montana

Maybe they will, but right now I believe they have their hands full as is with elk.

That said, there is an inter-play. At the objective setting meeting I attended a month or so ago, the topic of elk populations affecting Mule deer populations was brought up. It’s an interesting topic.

Maybe they will, but right now I believe they have their hands full as is with elk.

That said, there is an inter-play. At the objective setting meeting I attended a month or so ago, the topic of elk populations affecting Mule deer populations was brought up. It’s an interesting topic.
More private land bull tags!

My understanding is that the same person who is working on the elk plan is going to work on a new deer management plan after the new EMP is in place. So probably a couple of years out.

We were able to amend the 2019 budget to make the FTE included in there a deer/elk planner, so that's a start at least.

Last edited:
The mule deer on public land will be gone by the time they “have time” to address the mule deer problem in Montana . In the mean time just let every resident buy a tag otc and let every non resident buy 7 region 7 doe tags

I can hear it now.

“Mule deer are not yet extinct on inaccessible private lands. The issue is lack of access to the last of the mule deer. Now is not the time to discuss limiting rifle rut hunting opportunities”

I can hear it now.

“Mule deer are not yet extinct on inaccessible private lands. The issue is lack of access to the last of the mule deer. Now is not the time to discuss limiting rifle rut hunting opportunities”
Longer seasons, two buck tags a hunter no cap on nonresidents. Lots of tools in the bag to try to rid them of the landscape.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back