MT's I-143 under attack

Don't go where? Most of the game farms were specifically set up as quarantine facilities just for the purpose of re-introduction.

You know Oak, I had a shitload of links etc. going to really show the differences in our Elk program and the way the Western growers were doing it etc, but, I respect your opinion, and I'll just say this was back before CWD and the Elk in pens here are under control of the dept. of Ag. guess what that means.

Marland, I was paraphrasing you. This is what you really said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The same could be said about ANY domesticated animal. They all started out wild and there are still members of the species / family / genus which are wild <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said that in response to what I said, which was:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Moosie it's wrong because elk are meant to be wild, not fenced in and then shot by some guy with a fat ass and too much money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So when I paraphrased you, I wasn't far off was I? Not a big deal really. Obviously you believe it's ok to domesticate elk, and I don't.

YES you were very far off. Don't be reading into what I say. I explained what I meant already when I stated " All I said was the same could be said..yada yada where it goes from there is up to the readers conscience."

Originally I merely stated a fact, when I explained it I opened the door for radical environmentalist comparisons to show. Need I tell which Org. says that ALL domesticated animals be returned to a wild state?

There's already thousands of domesticated elk in farms all across the nation, they've been farmed in the Orient for centuries and , I'm sure you are already aware of that.
And the meat is already available in stores.

I will finally state my position, not that it matters in the grand scheme. I'll do it slowly so it is clear and can't be jacked around by paraphrasing.

I have no problem with domesticated game animals being raised in confined areas for FOOD. If done with the proper precautions and regulations to prevent diseases escaping to Wild Animals and to other domesticated species.

I do not like the concept of hunting indiginous (sp) species in an enclosed area ,of course there are always examples that could be exceptions based on size and population density.

I do not believe pen reared animals are "Game" animals, once born in a pen they become livestock and should be treated as such. An exception being those raised specifically for relocation/ reintroduction and handled as such.

Also, I do not believe that any more wild animals should be captured for domestication, if the genetics in domesticated species become clouded and the species falls to problems associated with it , so be it.

NOW you can blast me for what I think because I have stated it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Washington Hunter:
Marland why would I want to "blast" you for giving your opinion. Thanks for giving it. Sorry I misunderstood.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHY??!?! ok by the numbers.
(1) It keeps minds sharp and focused

(2) it creates desire for research

(3) it's fun
wink.gif

Thanks for "arguing" with me !

Well I love a good argument Marland
biggrin.gif

I WOULD have blasted you, and to tell you the truth, the only reason I didn't, is I didn't have the time. This issue is getting a little old anyway. I'm with Buzz on this one, I would outlaw ALL elk farms in every state. I don't care if someone has put their life savings into it. To me it's immoral and something they never should have even thought of doing, whether legal or not. Just because something is legal doesn't make it right.

There are those, by that reasoning that don't think it is right in any way shape or form to take another life, (mean in the way of hunting, mainly in this way of thought). They see it as immoral and wrong to the highest degree. There are others on this same thought pattern that think automobiles are one of the worst things this planet has ever seen, or all the modern trappings are immoral and degrading to the human species or even the world as a whole for that. In my opinion, these are only opinions and some even need to be taken with a grain of salt, unlike a few on the boards, I will not condemn them for what ever reason for their thoughts on these subjects, it is their opinions, and nothing more, as is your opinions. Now I will draw the lines in the sand on certain issues, i.e.-rape, stealing, lying, etc... But not some ones philosophy on what they think is right or wrong with these types of issues of the way the world is run. I may not agree in any way with some ideals and let the individual know it, but I won't condemn them.

elk=== yep, tho some would say something about uneducated, ignorant, yadayada, blahblah....I will fight for your rights, but your right to swing your arm stops before it hits my nose.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back