MT Ram Sting??

phutch30- If you know that John Lewton was filming, have you seen the film to know who was filming and who was shooting? It seems in the picture that I have seen, there are three people involved...(I may be incorrect). I know a trophy animal is a high price to pay for catching someone who is breaking the law but in my opinion catching someone like that is worth a pretty high price. I believe this might just be the tip of the iceberg with this individual. Ultimately time will tell on this case.

I would be shocked if all Lewton will be charged with is filming without a permit...real shocked.

Theres a lot more to this story than we're hearing...and thats a fact.

The bottom line is the guy that was allegedly filming without a permit, more than likely guiding a client illegally, and who knows what else is the problem...not the MTFWP. I will not excuse his illegal behavior.

Plus, its pure speculation that the MTFWP somehow rigged the draw to get their undercover guy a permit.

I just wonder how much money Lewton has already stolen from the state of Montana and its citizens in the past through illegal activities involving wild sheep??? Not a real smart move on Lewtons part...in particular when you plaster photos all over the internet, make your living from wildlife, etc.

Sounds like another case of ego over-riding common sense and proper judgement.

But, we'll see soon enough.

This morning I on another forum someone posted a link to the Boon and Crockett Trophy Watch page. They have a 204" ram killed in Fergus County. (posted on Jan 7, 2009)

I can't be sure this is the same ram discussed here, but two - 204" Rams seems unlikely. The hunter in the picture is a lady, which is also different from the rumors I've heard, but could also account for some of the other rumors of the events on the actual hunt.

They say nothing about a sting on the B&C Site

MTwapiti- As hard as it is to believe...I have seen two pictures of two separate 204" animals on the B&C website both from this same area. I believe they are two distinct animals as one of the pictures said something about it being under investigation...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back