Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT Goat Scouting

Nice!

What's the scoop on that pack people are asking about? I'm getting my wife a pack so she can carry me up the hill and my game down the hill! I'll probably get her the Metcalf but now I'm curious.

I need to catch up on the goat scouting. Season is right around the corner!

The Stone Glacier is certainly worth looking into for her! Like I said, I've been a MR guy for a lot of years and I like this Stone Glacier pack far better so far..........keep in mind I do not have a lot of test runs yet, only a couple. But I'm gonna do a 15 mile treck for some goats tomorrow so it will get one more good run by weeks end.

Seriously, need to really look at them, this is one bada$$ pack . Hopefully more good pics after tomorrow.

Of course I'm willing to bet that your wife kicks you in the nads before she packs you up any hill, no matter what pack you get;)

Magic country to be scouting in and looks like you won't have any trouble finding goats to try to hang your tag on. Nothing beats hunting game in that big country up high.

Matt
Couple questions on the pack....
1) Do you have the lumbar pad? If yes, did you try it without and what's your opinion of it?
2) Are there interior pockets? I'm guessing no being that the weight is about 3 lbs less than a Longbow.
3) Looks like materials are similar to what MR uses. yes/no?

Even though the question wasn't for me, I can somewhat answer them for you Baeman.

I don't use the lumbar pad w/my Terminus(frame is the same regardless of bag though). Kurt even says that the way the frame is w/o the pad will work for most. I did buy it an try it out just didn't need it.

There's one interior pocket on the Terminus, I'm not sure on the Solo & Approach though, it's not fancy just something to maybe throw maps, snacks, or something you want quick access to.

The material is 500D and Xpac. The xpac is water proof and it's on the back of the back side & bottom of the bag & bottom of the lid.

Even though the question wasn't for me, I can somewhat answer them for you Baeman.

I don't use the lumbar pad w/my Terminus(frame is the same regardless of bag though). Kurt even says that the way the frame is w/o the pad will work for most. I did buy it an try it out just didn't need it.

There's one interior pocket on the Terminus, I'm not sure on the Solo & Approach though, it's not fancy just something to maybe throw maps, snacks, or something you want quick access to.

The material is 500D and Xpac. The xpac is water proof and it's on the back of the back side & bottom of the bag & bottom of the lid.

graci for the info!

Goat starts Sept 1 but I'm not planning on hunting them till October for hair. Moose starts Sept 15. I'm going to try for both with the bow, but will have a rifle attached to the pack at all times. Really want to kill with the bow but not going to let a likely once in a lifetime opportunity slip away just because I cant get inside 50 yards:)
I agree w you... I almost exclusively bow hunt but tags are so hard to come by Id tote a rifle along as well....good luck your in for a great season.....:cool:

I concur with all blb said.....I have the Solo and it too has one inside pocket...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back