MT FWP tooth and age data

The Hedgehog

Anybody ever look at that? It's in your MYFWP account, below drawing/bonus point details. I remember that FWP used to pull bear teeth many years ago. I don't remember anybody pulling a tooth from a lion or my moose. Just curious, if 3 years old is the number used for "unknown" good data, obviously. Some other odd things I see on other tabs. Wow is all I have to say.
toothagedata.JPG

Idaho pulled moose teeth for a long time, stopped for a few years and is now doing it again. Part of the reason for the stop was lack of correlation between age and antler size

I would struggle to guess that bull of yours was 3 and wonder why they would include that if they don’t know at all. Hopefully that info isn’t used for management decisions

Sent in a tooth on this guy. Came back as 4.5 which I thought was a stretch. 660BE06D-5E72-4CCC-8D12-AC0A0C9CA973.jpeg

I remember that Big Game Profiles episode. Saw it before I knew about HuntTalk. Unreal Shiras moose, @Greenhorn

Maybe it was a typo and they meant “13” 😂

Seems like they just have random years on mine. Would be cool if they had a complete list of bears.

View attachment 268329
did they pull a tooth in 2021? That's an ancient one, if it's accurate.

Bear age/sex should be public data -listed with hunter name. Would forever brand some of the local serial boo boo killing influencers with the "hunted him for years and finally outwitted this giant old beast" - when it was actually a 3 year old sow.

Bear age/sex should be public data -listed with hunter name. Would forever brand some of the local serial boo boo killing influencers with the "hunted him for years and finally outwitted this giant old beast" - when it was actually a 3 year old sow.
#jasonmatzinger

A friend of mine sent in a tooth from a collared male wolf he shot. From the collar data, he knew the wolf was 11 or 12 years old. I believe the first report came back at 3 years. He asked them to re-check, second report came back at 4. He spoke to the owner and said something just wasn't right. They asked for another tooth, which luckily he still had with the skull. That one was aged at 12. I believe he told me the owner was surprised and somewhat concerned with the inconsistent readings as well.

My moose doesn’t have age data. Judging off of Greenhorns I suspect it was 1.5. They sure do grow big fast. Good data coming from mtfwp. It’s solid reliable and accurate. Two thumbs up.

Pretty sure they did pull a tooth. I can't remember checking one in when they didn't?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back