Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Deer - 2018

whiskeydog

So...struck out on elk for the first time in 6 years. Decided to make up for it by dropping a few deer instead. Took my 5 year old on the first hunt to get a few WT does, and he had a blast! I can't post the pic of the first doe we shot, because my little buddy wouldn't smile for the camera while he was complaining about how bad he thought she smelled ;) got a good pic of the second one though, and his favorite part was making me show him all the internals ;) I hope he's hooked now!

deer 2018-2.jpg

Then went out again after Thanksgiving to look for a buck. With one day to go, this guy looked good enough...wish he had deeper forks, but with the time I had, I figured he'd do.

deer 2018-1.jpg

Then went out again after Thanksgiving to look for a buck. With one day to go, this guy looked good enough...wish he had deeper forks, but with the time I had, I figured he'd do.

View attachment 90798

Wishing is for fishing, that there is a nice deer. Taking you son is even better, we will all remember those days with our kids more than the horns...

Nicely done. Great job on taking your boy ... he will always remember that hunting experience.

Back