MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT Cadastral for Dummies?

Sytes

I've had my spots for some time... rarely, go elsewhere so have not had a need to check for land ownership boundries, etc... However, due to some overwhelming wolf pressure in the big hole (recently scouted - more wolf tracks than game... or so it seemed in my area of focus) I have ventured to a new area with some basic mapping / etc research... elsewhere. In traveling the area and some basic recon - seems good promise though I noticed some potential private boundries I need to establish...

I tried MT Cadastral online - A very useful tool - though in my attempt to use it, it seems to list the area as all USFS - though I am pretty certain private property is adjacent... I tried usinig another area that I have old maps showing the private areas, to compare - though found the same results... AND I KNOW the private boundries to ensure legal routing...

Can someone give a basic ONLINE CADASTRAL FOR DUMMIES guide? Maybe give an example by steps... I mean some good baby steps... as I seem to have lost my way...

http://gis.mt.gov/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back