Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

MT archery lope

Congrats on the goat schmalts. What is the hammock set up again?? I remember you doing testing of it a while back. Looks like the cats meow for spike camping. Any info??

Ridgerunner, Unless the weather is known to be dipping under the 30's or a lack of trees I will never use a tent again. Really these newer Hammocks are so comfortable it is unreal. You lay level in them, can sleep on your side with your knees bent, and never have to worry about rocks and other crap poking in your back, never worry about finding level ground or a spot water will not pool in, they go up fast, and and pretty light. And no, you can't tip them!!
The model I use is the Clark Jungle Hammock. But there are a lot more makers out there now than there were 5 years ago. Type in "hammock Forum" and do some reading.
Really they are a great option for a lot of mild weather camping.
Everyone I hunted with that tried mine out for a few minutes thought it was pretty slick (including AZ402).
I am a bigger guy (200lbs+) and we seem to have a harder time sleeping on the ground even with mats because of pressure points on our hips and shoulders. They there is the always rolling of the mat thing that wakes you up 10 times a night that is eliminated as well with a hammock.
The newer hammocks can be ordered with a larger fly, or no fly and a larger aftermarket fly can be purchased or made so you have a place to cook and keep some gear out of the rain.
Hennesy hammock and Clark I think both have a money back option. What the hell, order one up and try it out one night in the yard and return it if you do not sleep better than a tent. It will take a little messing around the first few times you hang one to get the right tension but the learning curve is pretty fast.
Also, if a lack of trees you can use one tree and your truck on the other end, or even ground pitch them if needed.
I just bought one of these as a second hammock for the wife/kid this summer on a group buy on a hammock forum for 60$.
While it is not quite a Clark, It is 90% as nice but less than a third of the price.
Smaller lighter guys (like MIller) are lucky to be able to get away with a less robust hammock like the Hennessy and they can weigh as little as 1.9 pounds. http://hennessyhammock.com/catalogue.html I had one, and had a tough time deciding what one to keep! both were nice and had their own traits

Schmalts. Thanks for the info.. I am on the hunt for one now. Like the idea of a bigger fly screen to cook and stowe gear under. I'll have a look around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back