Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Mt. Antelope Unit 500

MT.PERCHMAN

Well my son and I drew tags this year and I wondering how the Animals are doing this year ? We have never hunted this area and I'm still not back to full health yet with this Open Heart Surgery this summer . This will be our first Antelope hunt ever , I'm hoping he gets one !
It dont matter to me if I tag out . It's been very dry in our area just wondering how that country is doing ?
Thanks for any response .

Our place is in the western edge of 500. We got a little more rain last night so that was nice, it has stayed green for quite a bit this year. Overall as far as the country itself I think were OK. To give you an idea on the huntin, a couple season ago I was up Findon Ln. (a few sections of State). When I got back to the truck there were a few others parked and we got to talking. One of them looked at my license plate and asked "47, where is that at?" Had to tell him "right where we're standin" I think that sums it up, we have game, lots of ground to hunt, but we get loaded with out of area folks, lots of em.
There's a lot more of the unit to the east where I haven't gone much. If I remember there is some more block management and perhaps some more accessable public (state). Check it out and see. Bow huntin can be fun and usually a lot less pressure too, at least in the western part of the unit. Terrain isn't bad (difficult) at all, I think.

Last edited:
Thanks JDinMt it will be busy I'm sure .
Sounds like we are getting some rain here on Monday , we all hope so to help out the fires going on .
It will just be a good time to get out with my Son ! I will look into the Block management, thank you .

Well it looks like the Bow is out for me this year . My chest couldn't take pulling a bow back now . So my son and I will get the rifles ready for the fall hunting . I have been walking trying to get back in shape . I just can't believe what this Surgery did to my body .
Its just going to be great memories with my Son !

There are 3 fishing access along HWY 12, Harlow at the east edge, Martinsdale at the west and Selkirk kinda in the middle. See folks camping in them, might be something else but offhand that's what comes to mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back