Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Mt. Antelope unit 339 help

MT.PERCHMAN

Well spent about 3/4 of the day looking for a Antelope and either I'm totally blind or they have disappeared from the unit . Not even one critter I'm just frustrated to say the least . Where are they ?
I have a call into the Fwp Officer in the area, I hope I get some good news . Last year he told me the Whitetail took a very bad hit with the winter before . I guess at this point the Antelope must be the same . Hmm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance .

MT.PERCHMAN

I live in near 339 but have only antelope hunted it once and that was with a buddy who had a tag years back. He shot his near the gates exit. Only other place I know of in the area that used to hold antelope is Sieben Flats. Haven't seen any out there for a few years though.

Well when I applied for the tag I thought the same as you are talking . 339 Antelope is down by Clyde Park . I didnt do my research and I'm paying the price now !
Big mistake on my part . Lol
I guess there is next year !
Thank you for your response JEL !!

MT.PERCHMAN

I shot my first buck antelope in that unit. I hunted it a couple years, but back then there was some BMAs on the south side that had quite a few antelope. That was in the early 90s. I'm guessing those are no longer BMAs. The north end of the unit near Clyde Park would likely be better antelope country, but I'm sure it will take some door knocking. I'd say it's a brown chip unit and maybe a F rating from GoHunt. Likely best to make phone calls as I'm not sure driving down from kalispell to knock doors and beg for a lope there would be worth a drive without some kind of lead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back