Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MR Pop up 36L

N

ntodwild

Anyone know anything about the new Pop up 36 that is suppose to be coming out in 2020? I have been told the 18 is being discontinued and a new 36 will be taking it's place along with some minor changes to the old design. Big Fin?????

Any idea on release dates?????

Joe

I have been in the market for a pop up now for some time but when MR told me they were redesigning and making changes along with adding a new "36"L I figured I would wait. How is it that Stillwater has photos but MR doesn't have anything on their web site I wonder???? I have always like the 28 and am with BCGunworks on the compact day pack concept although 36 or 38L isn't really that much bigger. Looks like they went to cam lock poles for the frame system? I am curious as to why? I am also curious as to reliability and strength as hauling weight would put the load directly on the vertical access of the pole? Hmmmmmm?

Joe

Anyone know anything about the new Pop up 36 that is suppose to be coming out in 2020? I have been told the 18 is being discontinued and a new 36 will be taking it's place along with some minor changes to the old design. Big Fin?????

Any idea on release dates?????

Joe

Yup, I've had one for the last six months. I really like it. Not sure when it is officially being released. A few folks noticed it in videos this year and asked about it.

Yup, I've had one for the last six months. I really like it. Not sure when it is officially being released. A few folks noticed it in videos this year and asked about it.

How do you like the new cam buckle design big fin (the frame poles)? Have you hauled weight with it yet? Is there a big difference or a reason why they changed the frame design?

Looks like the new 38 (photo's) is a top loader design??? or is the zipper on the side a main compartment access?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just sad my favorite 18 was discontinued😭

hauled a lot of meat on that. Entire boned out mule deer in one trip, whole elk quarters, entire bone in goats....

the pop up system itself is great.

Well this tidbit of information is interesting! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. A 36l pack version of the pop-up is definitely needed.

Looks like the new frame system is usable in the down as well as the up position which is nice. The previous tent pole system really only helped when the poles were extended. You can also adjust to several different heights and tailor the frame depending on what you're carrying. The have added some features to the 28 that will make carrying a bow much easier (4 webbing loops for attaching the quick attach webbing straps and the lower side compression straps are on the outside of the side pockets which is also another great feature). Price went up $25.00 (We need a RANDY promo code). Frame sizing has changed so make sure that when or if you order you revisit their sizing chart. At this point it says they are still out of stock (most likely a day or two and inventory check in will be complete). Looking forward to picking up a new 28!

For those of you that use the pop ups...

I have a metcalf that I have been using for archery whitetail and rifle white tail out East. I bought it for an elk trip but I found it works great for carrying my climber and archery gear. I’ve been thinking about getting a mule bag to use on the frame, but I’m not sure if that will be big enough since I have a habit of packing too much. After lookin at the new pop ups, I’m thinking that may be a better route. Anyone ever strap a climber on the back of the pop up? Are they as comfortable as the full frame bags? Any cons to the pop ups?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back