Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MR NICE frame v. Overkill Guide Frame

jryoung

I'm in the market for a new pack, and I'm pretty set on getting a NICE frame with a crew cab and 6500 bags. I keep seeing some decent deals for the Grizzly and Kodiak though and not many deals on the NICE components.

I like the idea of going 6500 for a backpack hunt, and Crew Cab it if I am wall tent hunting or packing out on a backpack hunt. I think the versatility wins out here, but was wondering if you all had any thoughts. A new Grizzly at $500 is tempting...but I fear I may not be happy in the long run.

I called Mystery Ranch the other day and talked through the above debate. I too have been seeing some decent prices on the Grizzly and Kodiaks, but for hauling a load in rough country they really pushed me to the NICE system. My next pack will be the MR NICE 6500. Just need to find a deal so I can make it happen. : )

Keep an eye on ebay there have been several 6500 on there for decent prices. I picked up a MR 7500 NICE brand new for $400 to by door back in October. Search several different things like mystery ranch, nice 6500, etc. some people dont know what they have listing it.

I just got my NICE Longbow delivered. You want anything with the NICE frame...IT CAN HAUL!! You might want to check out some of the other threads on here, but guys have a lot of good things to say about the versatility of the 6500. You can't go wrong with that pack. You don't need two packs either. You can just compress the 6500 for shorter trips and then fill to the brim for the extended bivy's.

I called Mystery Ranch the other day and talked through the above debate. I too have been seeing some decent prices on the Grizzly and Kodiaks, but for hauling a load in rough country they really pushed me to the NICE system. My next pack will be the MR NICE 6500. Just need to find a deal so I can make it happen. : )

Ok, maybe I spoke to soon.... The Kifaru packs are making me think twice...

You should check out the thread on Eastmas.com forum. All in all, guys are pretty happy with KUIU packs. There's a lot of input on there about other brands as well.

I haven't heard much good about the KUIU packs. The carbon frame is light and doesn't carry the weight well. I believe there is a thread on 24 hour about it.

I haven't heard much good about the KUIU packs. The carbon frame is light and doesn't carry the weight well. I believe there is a thread on 24 hour about it.

Figures, guys on Eastmans were talking about some ripping on the straps I think. Can't go wrong with MR that's for sure.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back