MR nice frame/Guide lite differences

pre6422hornet

Hey everyone. I have been running a Nice Crew Cab for a little over 4 years now and last spring I purchased a Guide Lite framed Marshall. With a late season New Mexico muzzy hunt coming up I have been training with 65 pounds of chains in the crew cab and hiking 3 miles a day for the past two months. The crew cab fits me like a glove and I love it.

Earlier this week I took out the Marshall and went through the fitting process, the same way I fit the crew cab, per Mystery Ranch's videos and website. I cannot for the life of me get the straps/yoke to sit the same way they do on the crew cab. IF I fit to make the seam of the pad/yoke at the top of the shoulder blade, the straps feel great until I tighten the load lifters. Then they get pulled up off my shoulders and literally rub my neck. I have done everything I can think of to get it right and nothing works.

I took both packs and measured and put the yoke the same distance from top of yoke to top of lumbar pad. Same issue.

Any tidbits you all could offer? I am planning on calling MR tomorrow or Monday and asking them. It just doesn't make sense to me.

You have pictures we can see?
I may have experienced the same with my GL Pintler, but, not on my Sawtooth GL MT.

If I have a real load in my GL frame I find some relieve and an easier time transferring load to my hips by loosening the shoulder straps a tiny bit. Also, maybe take a look at where the load lifter straps are coming off of your shoulders.

Late reply as I took off for Vermont for work and didn't get back till Wednesday.

As suggested earlier and confirmed by a quick phone call to a friend who has been running MR for years and years... I played with the load lifter adjustment and finally found the sweet spot. Can't seem to convince myself to cut the tags off as I love that darn Crew Cab and I finally have my entire load out for a 7 day hunt down to a science and fitting perfect in it. :)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back