Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Moving to Colorado

BKoppelman

Hey guys I am new to this forum. So hopefully someone can help me out. I am moving to the Western Slope of Colorado. I wanted to do a over the counter Elk tag. I was looking for some advice if anyone is willing to point in the right direction to maybe a unit they would recommend. I have white-tailed hunted for the last 30 years. so I wanted to take up the challenge of Elk hunting. I appreciate any help. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

It’s hard to pick a unit in western Colorado that doesn’t have a bunch of elk. Colorado has great info on harvest rates, herd sizes and hunter numbers.

And a great atlas that shows public land and places where elk like to hang out depending on the season.

Find a unit that fits what you’re looking for and have at it. Good luck.

It’s hard to pick a unit in western Colorado that doesn’t have a bunch of elk. Colorado has great info on harvest rates, herd sizes and hunter numbers.

And a great atlas that shows public land and places where elk like to hang out depending on the season.

Find a unit that fits what you’re looking for and have at it. Good luck.

Thank you for the information

Welcome to HT!

There is a reason no one said "Try Elk unit __", or even worse, specific areas within a unit.

500 lurkers will read this and then go spoil it, reducing the hunting pressure of other hunt units that are not named

Some of my best spots are places that you scour the internet and not much is written about.

Then someone picks it up on a thread, or there's some article published online, and next year there are ten times as many hunters...and I'm off to find a new spot

Hey guys I am new to this forum. So hopefully someone can help me out. I am moving to the Western Slope of Colorado. I wanted to do a over the counter Elk tag. I was looking for some advice if anyone is willing to point in the right direction to maybe a unit they would recommend. I have white-tailed hunted for the last 30 years. so I wanted to take up the challenge of Elk hunting. I appreciate any help. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Meeker area and Gore Creek was always good to me

Welcome to HT!

There is a reason no one said "Try Elk unit __", or even worse, specific areas within a unit.

500 lurkers will read this and then go spoil it, reducing the hunting pressure of other hunt units that are not named

Some of my best spots are places that you scour the internet and not much is written about.

Then someone picks it up on a thread, or there's some article published online, and next year there are ten times as many hunters...and I'm off to find a new spot
that makes sense. thank you.

Keep in mind that you’re a non-resident for the purposes of purchasing an OTC license until you’ve lived here 6 months. There really are no good or bad OTC units if there is adequate access.

Bkop,

What part of the Best Slope are you moving to? Palisade here.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back