Moving Sucks....

Gunner46

Today was a good day. Everyone knows that moving is stressful, but when you can't locate stuff that you Know should be there, it creates even more anxiety. After a week of 'Where The Hell is it", I found two big ones. One was in the car that got bumped into a niche I normally wouldn't look, except that my cell phone slide off my car seat, and the other was left on the moving truck, & now sitting in the movers warehouse.
No Cops involved, No insurance claims...Good Day !

Amen, we're in the process of moving too. We have a 15 month old and are building a house. It has been over a year long process and the house was supposed to be done in August and now we're told November. We sold are house and moved into a rental on 10/1. We'll go into a different rental on 11/1 and really praying that it is actually done in November. All of our stuff is in storage and it has really taken its toll on hunting season...

Amen, we're in the process of moving too. We have a 15 month old and are building a house. It has been over a year long process and the house was supposed to be done in August and now we're told November. We sold are house and moved into a rental on 10/1. We'll go into a different rental on 11/1 and really praying that it is actually done in November. All of our stuff is in storage and it has really taken its toll on hunting season...
I feel for ya Brother. I've had two homes built, so I know that dance. Went with a Townhouse this time. My age is showing, No: grass cutting, snow shoveling, replacing roof shingles, Climbing two stories on a ladder to paint...

The subject of moving comes up occasionally. I cannot fathom the thought of moving from a ranch where we built the roads for access then some years later were able to afford to build our house. WE built the roads, WE built the house, WE raised our kids here. We bought an undeveloped chunk of dirt in 1984. Where the hell would I go? MY LIFE IS HERE!! IMG_20200116_174917169.jpg

I feel you. We had the same problems when we built our house. Except we didn’t rent, we lived with my wife’s parents and we had a 4 year old and 1 year old. We are lucky someone didn’t get strangled.

The subject of moving comes up occasionally. I cannot fathom the thought of moving from a ranch where we built the roads for access then some years later were able to afford to build our house. WE built the roads, WE built the house, WE raised our kids here. We bought an undeveloped chunk of dirt in 1984. Where the hell would I go? MY LIFE IS HERE!! View attachment 245600
Lately we often consider the same. Huge price potential for our river property. Bozeman growth problems are crazy ... but Cross Harbor Capital Yellowstone Club / Big Sky employee housing growth, new marijuana facilities and other growth around Gallatin Gateway is INSANE! But where would we go! We have developed a place we love over decades of improvements and work.

Donna's rocks.jpgAdirondack river view.jpg

Lately we often consider the same. Huge price potential for our river property. Bozeman growth problems are crazy ... but Cross Harbor Capital Yellowstone Club / Big Sky employee housing growth, new marijuana facilities and other growth around Gallatin Gateway is INSANE! But where would we go! We have developed a place we love over decades of improvements and work.

View attachment 245601View attachment 245602
I would fight a rabbid buffalo for river front. Just so I can yell at people to get off my property :p

From 1984 until now, with it being totally developed the dollar factor especially at my age is inviting. I would never have to worry again about $$. There's no place that I have ever been that could come close to the total package we have here. Yes, California sucks but the good far out weighs the bad for us.

Just so I can yell at people to get off my property :p
Really? My fence is erected back from the river so anglers and other recreationists may walk my bank. In fact if I see them, I invite them to access on the bank, as I have valued such access for fishing and hunting all my life. There has never been a serious problem with trespass or vandalism on my place.

(However, my neighbor originally from Michigan has so much orange on his place that it looks like Halloween year around! He must have the sheriff on speed dial. 'Different strokes.)

Really? My fence is erected back from the river so anglers and other recreationists may walk my bank. In fact if I see them, I invite them to access on the bank, as I have valued such access for fishing and hunting all my life. There has never been a serious problem with trespass or vandalism on my place.
That is gracious of you!

My wife and I have moved 7 times together... 4 of which were out of state. Going to move again in May with a 3 month old, and then again 3-5 years after that. Basically haven't had the same bedroom for more than 3 years consecutively since I was 18.

It's a whole deal ... I'm kinda the opposite of @Redmt, hard to envision what it would be like to put down roots... or spending any time and effort of a property... next guy can deal with that, I'm going hunting.

Lots of "now where did I put that" moments though... still have stuff that I haven't taken out of boxes when I packed them 2 houses ago.

Last edited:
My wife and I have moved 7 times together... 4 of which were out of state. Going to move again in May with a 3 month old, and then again 3-5 years after that. Basically haven't had the same bedroom for more than 3 years consecutively since I was 18.

It's a whole deal ... I'm kinda the opposite of @Redmt, hard to envision what it would be like to put down roots... or spending any time an effort of a property... next guy can deal with that, I'm going hunting.

Lots of now where did I put that moments though... still have stuff that I haven't taken out of boxes when I packed them 2 houses ago.
We laugh and say "we have moved 7 times and haven't been 200' ". We moved onto this property with 2 kids and 2 dogs and a parakeet into a borrowed 8' cabover camper. We were victims of a loan scam and lost everything. We upgraded living quarters as it was affordable. Camper to trailer, bigger trailer, single wide 40' , double wide 60', moved the double wide to build the shop. Finally built this place in 2005/6. I don't want to move.

We laugh and say "we have moved 7 times and haven't been 200' ". We moved onto this property with 2 kids and 2 dogs and a parakeet into a borrowed 8' cabover camper. We were victims of a loan scam and lost everything. We upgraded living quarters as it was affordable. Camper to trailer, bigger trailer, single wide 40' , double wide 60', moved the double wide to build the shop. Finally built this place in 2005/6. I don't want to move.
oof yeah that's a lot of moving

(However, my neighbor originally from Michigan has so much orange on his place that it looks like Halloween year around! He must have the sheriff on speed dial. 'Different strokes.)
I'm only kidding.

I'm originally from Michigan so I understand their logic. They have PTSD from all the trespassing meth heads.

I would probably be like you in that scenario. Too dang nice to people.

The subject of moving comes up occasionally. I cannot fathom the thought of moving from a ranch where we built the roads for access then some years later were able to afford to build our house. WE built the roads, WE built the house, WE raised our kids here. We bought an undeveloped chunk of dirt in 1984. Where the hell would I go? MY LIFE IS HERE!! View attachment 245600
Love it !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back