Caribou Gear Tarp

Mounting Swaro EL to a tripod

MTGomer

Does anybody have any experience/recommendations with using binoculars on a tripod, and particularly either of these two setups - or perhaps another option I'm unaware of.

The two links below are for Swaro's 'universal' adapter or a stud mounted attachment from outdoorsmans.com

I'm kind of leaning toward the Outdoorsmen's, but I'm not sure.

I'm always laying my binos across my spotter to stabilize them, might as well just attach them to the tripod.

https://outdoorsmans.com/blogs/news/tagged/swarovski-el-tripod-adapter

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Swar...xO6kdRz5mIriumgesqk6EaAmdC8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm a fan of the swaro mount. Super quick to attach, and no need to worry about losing the screw hole cover. You can leverage it for a camera, spotter or shooting rest in a pinch too.
20151027_134852.jpg

Thanks for the feedback so far.
I wouldn't have a problem with that swaro mounting right on my vortex summit ss tripod would I?

Thanks for the feedback so far.
I wouldn't have a problem with that swaro mounting right on my vortex summit ss tripod would I?

Standard tripod mount, it even has two peg holes on each end if your tripod base has one to keep from pivoting. I leave the adapter mounted to my tripod when it's in my pack. When I set up to glass it takes me about 10 seconds to attach my binos and get glassing. The notch in the middle work well in a "shooting sticks" capacity or to hold in a spotter if you need to take a quick look. It weights 5.6 ounces.

20160601_221313.jpg20160601_220348.jpg

You have to send EL's in to Outdoorsmans so they can drill and tap them to install the stud. Apparently they are Swaro warranty approved. [/url]

It is indeed covered, and even recommended by my Swaro rep. I was just gifted an Outdoorsman's tripod, so I will be sending my EL's in soon for the stud.

Outdoorsman for sure. The way the stud attaches to the mount, it can't come off accidentally. I prefer to know my h.investments aren't going to fall off the tripod.

Back