Mountain Lion

Idaho Ron

This is a mount that a friend of mine Just got finished with. This lion's hide was ruined. The hide was not cooled down and the guy that shot it rolled it up before it cooled. After the tanning the hair slipped off the rump. So Dan did a pedistal mount and this is what it looks like. I liked it a lot because this kind of a mount would not take up much room like a full mount. More pictures are here. http://community.webshots.com/user/dan_grace

fc760c9b.jpg

Awesome mount Ron. I would love to have a lion oneday, but not sure about chasing with hounds. Of course, I never thought I would try to shoot a bear over a garbage can.
biggrin.gif

I have also wanted to mount a coyote pedestal style. Hopefully some day. I have some decent white tailracks that would look cool with the pedstal protruding from.

Another thought, since you have a taxidermist friend, do you have any examples of bear pedestal mounts?

Thanks for sharing the picture and any follow up information you may have.

That is a nice mount. Like has been said, it is a great way for someone who does not have much room. It was a good idea to do it that way after finding out the hide was ruined.

I've never seen a cat mounted like that but I kinda like it. It takes up less space, which is really good in a tiny house like ours.
biggrin.gif

Thats a really cool mount!!!!
Ive heard of them being done like that but have never seen one, I always thought it wouldnt look good but i was way wrong this looks very nice

Delw

Back