Mountain Grouse

shrapnel

Between elk tenderloins and grouse, fall can produce the best table fare you can get. For some reason, the Blue Grouse numbers seem low the past several years. They are the best, but Ruffed Grouse will do in a pinch. This fall, I did manage to get around 7 Blues, but it seems like the Ruffed has become more prolific. I did even find a few Spruce grouse too.

It is fun to get them with as many old guns as I can take on a hunting trip. This fall I got plenty, some with a Winchester low wall in 22 long, a Smith and Wesson model 57 and a Saiga commie gun. Whatever the tool, grouse remain the best fall has to offer...

I agree with you in that they are great eating. Very cool pictures and thanks for sharing. You must be quite the shot with that pistol!

Great stuff, I've been shooting them with the same old Remington .22 my mom learned to shoot with back in the early 60s...

59280462721__BC066893-6FEA-4250-B8F1-64D271F88A06.JPGIMG_0119.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What do blue grouse taste like? I have eaten tons of ruffies and love them

How do you answer that? I don't know how you would describe the taste of an avocado, but it is certainly good. The best way is to bone them out, cut them into chicken Mcnugget sizes and slow cook them in lots of butter and garlic...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back