Caribou Gear Tarp

Mountain Goat Round 2

masmcclintock

Once again the WY draw has been good to me. A couple of years ago my brother and I both drew bull bison tags. You can check out my write up on there here: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/wa...le-deer-and-bugling-bulls-what-a-year.293640/

I say mountain goat round 2 because I was fortunate enough to draw an AK goat tag about 5 years ago and get a nice billy. This will be my first time chasing them in WY! I was wondering if I could get a sense of direction from anyone that has hunted goats with the Area 3-2 tag that is limited to the Shoshone River drainage before. I am a NR and will obviously be limited to non-wilderness without a guide or resident with me. I would really like to try to go without a guide, but I do not know how reasonable it is to find them in the limited non-wilderness area. Secondly, if anyone has information on trying to archery hunt them then I'd be all ears for that. I have my 3rd kid due in mid-September (I know, you aren't supposed to have children directly in the middle of the elk rut, but God is funny in his ways)! SOOO hunting in mid-late August might work good into my schedule, but I do not know if the herd is migratory from higher elevation or if they are more resident goats that hand in the cliffs around the river. Any help or direction would greatly be appreciated and reciprocated in any way that I can help.

Regards,

Mason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back