Mount Recommendations

Mtnhuntr

Bison cape is about ready for mounting and I need to decide if I want straight, right turn, or left turn. I am leaning towards straight because it classic but would like any thoughts/recommendations to consider.

rustneversleeps

mostly where you are going to put it dictates how its mounted, in my opinion. I like the straight bison mounts personally.

NEWHunter

Straight gives you more hanging options IMO. You never know where life will take you and your bison head in a few years time. When i finally pull my tag i intend to do a straight, unless the wife tells me otherwise . . .

Ajax2744

We have 4 or 5 buffalo in the shop right now and I would go straight. With deer and elk I like a turn but buffalo I personally don't think it looks as good. Straight is classy and really nice looking all said and done. But they are all correct above. In a corner straight doesn't look great so a turn is typically used.

Mtnhuntr

unless the wife tells me otherwise . . .
The struggle is real. Still trying to convince her to let me hang it in the house and not the garage. "But sweetheart, moths and rodents could get into it, not to mention humidity. Plus, you're proud of my accomplishments, right?!?!" ;)

Mtnhuntr

We have 4 or 5 buffalo in the shop right now and I would go straight. With deer and elk I like a turn but buffalo I personally don't think it looks as good. Straight is classy and really nice looking all said and done.
That's what I was thinking. Much appreciated.

NEWHunter

The struggle is real. Still trying to convince her to let me hang it in the house and not the garage. "But sweetheart, moths and rodents could get into it, not to mention humidity. Plus, you're proud of my accomplishments, right?!?!" ;)
And if it’s in the house it will collect dust (per my wife), which in my mind has to be a good thing because then the house needs dusting less frequently then, right?!?! Everybody wins :unsure:

Scott85

I’m so grateful I have a very understanding wife. I got 3 deer heads in the living room right now.

Blaser270

I mounted my whitetail in the closest position to he was in when i got him. Turned sharply to the right, angled out of the wall.