Most bogus story you've ever heard

smalls

We are all hunters and we often talk to other hunters. And as hunters we have been known to stretch the truth a bit at times. Lets go beyond the yearly "I saw a deer that HAD to be a state record", and tell the most bogus, outrageous story you have ever heard (or told for that matter).

Probably the most outrageous story I have been told was by my crazy uncle from WA. He was hunting northwest of cour'delaine, ID a few years ago and as he was hiking back to camp he kept feeling like he was being followed. Just a couple hundred yards from camp he crossed a small creek in a clearing. As he go to the timber on the far side of the creek he looked back and saw...honest to god...BIGFOOT! At that point he emptied his '06 into the hairy beast and it ran off back into the woods where it came from. He couldn't find any blood even though the shot was relatively short and he was a sharpshooter in Vietnam.

I ran the BS flag up the pole when he told me that one, but that only angered him.

Smalls,

That one is more plausible than the one told at work by "Weird Freddy." He claimed that he was abducted by UFO aliens while hunting in the woods. Said that they took him up in their craft and described a bunch of suspicious transactions then let him go with the admonition, not to tell anyone. Of course I started in on the story. :D I asked him if the thought maybe the reason they let him go was they were afraid he'd procreate and ruin their gene pool. Also if they told him not to tell anyone, how did he know that I wasn't a space alien in disguise sent to make sure he kept his promise. I felt guilty when he looked at me with that doe in the headlights expression and said, "You aren't....are you? :eek: "

You have to know that this is the same guy who told us that he walks to his tree stand backwards so when the deer see his tracks they'll think he was leaving. (enter theme to "Twilight Zone") Imagine for a moment, Merlin Olsen...with the Cronic Liar's (SNL) mental powers.

I heard from a guy once a similar story to the 'bigfoot' myth. This one was in an undisclosed location in the wilds of Idahe. Only he wasn't all that hairy and he was running around waving a frying pan. :D

Well, I have a good story to tell myself. Nothing I actually saw, just experienced. I was camping once during the elk season in the Snowy Range of Wyoming. About 2am I was awakened by some hellacious screaming. After I shook the cobwebs out of my head I realized it was some sort of military jets (you now know the screaming I am talking about) ripping around the mountains. There were at least 3 of them. It continued for a bit then they all faded away rather quickly to the southwest. I never left my tent and just eventually went back to sleep for a bit. A few days later I read an article about a triangle shaped object spotted over the Snowy Range. Talk about wierd. Oh yeah, and I didn't see a single elk or deer the entire next day hunting. Like they all spooked out right quick.

Well, at the risk of being laughed at.... I was hunting alone once when I was in my early twenties and I was near my uncles farm. I suddenly got the feeling that I was being watched and started to look around. Honest to god...I saw an English Redcoat and about fifty yards from him was an Indian. No, I don't drink, take drugs or smoke dope. I know what I saw and thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bowhunter3303
Back