PEAX Equipment

More thieves and poachers

Don’t blame them for reacting that way.

Neighborhood house in Fargo ND was a methlab. The night it was busted everyone with in 6 houses around was cleared out for it being a “hazmat scene”. Talk about a production.
Oh, I don’t blame them. We don’t have much if any crime. They’re mostly good ole boys and I like it that way. One even told me one time if I shot a criminal outside of my house to drag the body inside that way I don’t get in trouble. 🤣

The longer you waste time talking about this the greater the chance the boats gone for good. If you get the plate info from a friend and get into a pissing match with the thief as a result your buddy could pay the price as a result of your actions.
Do it the right way and get law enforcement involved asap.

Yeah. In my mind taking a bat to his headlights and windshield would get my point across more than a slap on the wrist.

Then he’d just go steal more stuff to fix his truck.

Can't steal stuff with hands destroyed by a baseball bat.

See, you've got an upper hand here that people aren't necessarily realizing. You can go get this guy. The number one deterrent to crime isn't punishment, it's getting caught. According to The Man: https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/247350.pdf

"The certainty of being caught is a vastly more powerful deterrent than the punishment."

When you go to get your boat back, he'll know he's caught and you clearly have a way of tracking him down - this becomes the primary deterrent. The smashing of his hands, shoulders, and knees is just a little added convincing for someone who might not immediately understand the implication.

And to those out there thinking, "but texwest44, if he gives the police the evidence, and they go to get him lawfully, isn't that the same as him being caught?" Oh, you sweet, summer children, no, not even close. Thieves aren't especially worried about police, and using them as an crime-busting liaison is a fruitless strategy in many places. West coast HTers can attest to this - turn over all the evidence you want, if that criminal isn't still there when the cops show up, tough luck buddy. You might as well have called the pizza place, they would have arrived sooner and would have had a pizza.

I was really just weighing if it was worth more to me to get the boat back or enjoy my free time making this guys life a living hell.DC648363-5990-461D-80B7-C85BE9525BAE.gif

I can still do that after LE gets done with him.

Too bad @HUNTTALKMAN isn’t chiming in on some fairly legal but maybe frowned upon ways to torture the turd.

I'd go visit. The knowledge that he'll get tracked down next time usually sends them to
and easier target. Plus, even if you just have a 'discussion' he knows he'll have to look over his shoulder

A casual meeting may go like this.

"Hey (insert name) my kid's boat disappeared from my pond a little while back. I have pictures of the truck that took it and just figured if the boat showed up in my driveway the cops MIGHT not need to continue their ongoing investigation."

Or not. If you actually see the boat and commence to repeatedly show him the error of his ways, who is he going to call to complain? "Officer, this guy beat me when he came to take back his boat I stole".

He was trespassing. Get your in-laws to call the sheriff. This is not the game warden's bailiwick. The jerk will be charged and his name in the local paper. Once he's had his day in court and the judge's hammer has fallen, go talk to the local editor or write him a letter. Seeing that in the paper, especially stuff about stealing kids' boat, the community will kick his arse a lot harder than you ever could. Hopefully he'll show up at your door trying to exact some revenge. Then you can introduce him to your friend Louis ... ville Slugger.

He was trespassing. Get your in-laws to call the sheriff. This is not the game warden's bailiwick. The jerk will be charged and his name in the local paper. Once he's had his day in court and the judge's hammer has fallen, go talk to the local editor or write him a letter. Seeing that in the paper, especially stuff about stealing kids' boat, the community will kick his arse a lot harder than you ever could. Hopefully he'll show up at your door trying to exact some revenge. Then you can introduce him to your friend Louis ... ville Slugger.
I’m not gonna go the violence/destruction route. Not worth it. I’m gonna go the devious/mind game route. If he don’t go to the jailhouse maybe I can drive him to the nuthouse.

I may or may not carry a box of roofing nails on my flatbed truck and go by his driveway once or twice a week.

Stuff is always bouncing off my dang flatbed.

I’m not gonna go the violence/destruction route. Not worth it. I’m gonna go the devious/mind game route. If he don’t go to the jailhouse maybe I can drive him to the nuthouse.

I may or may not carry a box of roofing nails on my flatbed truck and go by his driveway once or twice a week.

Stuff is always bouncing off my dang flatbed.
He likes to spotlight. Fine. Let those nails fall off your truck on those trails he's been using on your in-laws property. Pretty hard to see a long board with spikes in the middle of the night on a grassy trail. Pop, pop! Then he's walking out and sheriff is waiting when he returns.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back