More Oregon Bighorns

ashersdad

035.jpg

037.jpg

046.jpg

047-1.jpg

Oak, I'm feeling like this is my year. Although I've felt that way for the last 10 years and have yet to draw the tag.:rolleyes:

The second pic lower right corner seems to have the genetics to drop well below the jaw line. Great pics.

I saw my first bighorn ram on Hart Mtn. back during the senior field trip April, 1968. Its still a thrill.

Every year we drive to my Dads in Washington for Thanksgiving and see a big group of bighorns right off I-84 along the Columbia Gorge about 30 miles or so east of the Dalles. This year we saw them both ways, a pretty impressive group. Similar terrain, same herd?

You nailed it right on the head ERSS. I have learned to always pack my camera when heading up the Gorge. The one time I didn't have it, I had a mountain goat 50 yards off the freeway. I love to see these bighorns. Gives me a little hope when putting in for the draw.

I have the same hopes ashersdad that this will be my year. 20+ years and counting. I think it could happen and I could get the lucky double of drawing goat and sheep in the same year.

Sweet, thought that looked familiar. Gorgeous country, no pun intended. Best of luck on the draws guys

I saw a couple groups on a trip to Portland last week. Not 150 yards off I-84 east of the Dalles. One group of Rams that may be this group. Surprized the mountain lions have left any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back