More fat-asses busted

BuzzH

I'm going to run my pen out of ink...

This time 3 lard butts riding around a gated road in Montana on an atv.

Took down their plates and reported to the MTFWP, who forwarded the info to the local sheriff and plum creek timber lands.

Probable result will be 2 tickets, one for trespassing on PC land, the other for violation of FS regulations on road closures.

I stood right in front of the 3 jackasses and calmy wrote their plate numbers down. One dude says, "Hey, why you writing my plate number down?"

I had to just laugh, gee I wonder???

Press hard, 5 copies....

But, other than that it was a great day, saw a pile of game including this buck that was taken ON FOOT and BACKPACKED out, in 60 degree weather without spoiling.

whitetail3.JPG

whitetail4.JPG

I hate being done deer hunting on opening day, but it was great being able to hunt with my brother and dad.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-26-2003 21:15: Message edited by: BuzzH ]</font>

Now Buzz....

That doesn't seem fair... What if those three Fat-Asses were elderly. I think you should cut THEM some slack.

And what if they were handicapped, you should probably cut THEM some slack.

And what if they had emphseyma (sp) from chain smoking for 20 years, even enough to get really cool Marlboro Fanny Packs for Hunting. You should cut THEM some slack.

Or what if they were just ethical Fat-Assed ATV'rs who wanted to make sure they got every bone out for their dog to eat this winter? You should cut THEM some slack.

And what if they were worried about a Heat Wave comiing in, and spoiling the meat? You should cut THEM some slack.

And what if they were Left-Handed? You should cut THEM someslack.
wink.gif

And what if they were just 3rd grade educated? You should probably cut THEM some slack.

Don't you realize how important that we preserve the Right To Ride ATVs for the Elderly, Handicapped, Chain-smokin, Fat-Assed, Left-Handed, 3rd Grade Graduates???
tongue.gif

And oh yeah.... Nice Buck. Congrats.
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-26-2003 21:16: Message edited by: ElkGunner ]</font>

Nice buck Buzz, how did the rest of the family do?

Where were the lard-asses from?

Gunner,Gunner,Gunner, my my do we have a little bit of SARCASM in your post. It was good for a laugh though. Buzz you did the right thing, and i say "burn" their ass if they break the law in any way, by they way i have cooled deer down in 75 deg. weather so 60 should`nt be a problem. Nice Buck

Good job BUZZ, deer and report. But if it was a Plum Creek gate or road it probably was open to ATV travel. 80 - 90% of the Plum Creek gates around here are open to ATV travel as long as they stay to the road.

Ten bears, no its not open to ATV's and yes it is PC, mostly.

Its also listed as closed YEAR LONG for all motorized use in cooperation with MTFWP for wildlife security, being within grizzly bear recovery area, and to stop stream sedimentation and improve bull trout habitat (those are listed on the sign that they rode behind as well as the FOREST TRAVEL PLAN MAP.)

No excuse, and thats why they'll be paying fines. Nice try though, in your ever present defense of ATV's and their lack of comprehension and reading skills.
eek.gif

I'll get you a picture of the sign this weekend.
cool.gif

Actually Ten Beers, this article from the Missoulian will do even better than any picture:

In exchange for public access, Plum Creek receives increased FWP warden patrols on their lands. The patrols guard against violations of hunting regulations and violations of Plum Creek land use rules. The rules include road restrictions, camping guidelines, and other activities. In particular, a gate without a sign is a year-round closure to all motorized vehicles, whether the gate is open or closed. An open road behind a gate must specifically be marked as such by a sign.

Copies of the Plum Creek Open lands Policy are available at the FWP office in Kalispell and the Plum Creek office on Highway 2 West."

Any Questions???

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-30-2003 08:48: Message edited by: BuzzH ]</font>

I'll take some pictures of the signs I see too. I think we should postthem in Moosie's "Stay on the Trail" topic.

Now if I can only get some of my pictures to work.....

Buzz, on my side of the hill, PC has about 50-50 on the gates. Active logging and NO vehicles of any type during week days, weekends during daylight hours only. Alot of areas over here are being gated off due to the "meth lab" dumpings and not so much from ATV's.

...and that has what to do with Plum Creeks use restrictions in Montana??????????

You're pathetic in your attempt to defend atv's when they're blatantly breaking the law.

Learn to read.

I don't know if you missed it or just egnored the part were I congradulated you on the report of them. If they were wrong they needed to be reported, well done. But don't go off with all PC lands in MT are closed, because they are not. I have sent a request for specific numbers to PC.

I would appreciate a little less drinking on the job from public employees. BTW, your reference to my drinking..... I don't drink anything but coffee and/or milk.

Buzz,

Last winter you were bashing P. C. for their land stewardship practices. You made comments refering their properties looking like "moonscape". This year you are hunting on their properties. What gives? Why would you hunt on land with such poor habitat? Why would hunt on some timber companies land that cares so little for wildlife?

It is pretty nice of P. C. to allow you hunt their lands, free of charge, even after all the negative words you had to say about them, would you agree?

Paul

Hey Paul,

Were you going to tell us why you are against the breaching of the dams, in order to create free flowing rivers, in light of the fact you chose to spend your $$$$$ and vacation time floating the Middle Fork of the Salmon River? You know, the 100 miles of Wilderness, free flowing, wild and scenic river, the one that has incredible habitat for Salmon, if only they could get there...
tongue.gif

Were you going to explain why you chose not to spend your vacation at the slackwater of the lower Snake dams, watching the 2 barges a week go past???

Gunner,

I'm having a hard time following your logic or lack of it. Are you saying that because I understand the need for dams in todays world, that I should not want to spend time in the wilderness? How about you? You live in a big house, in a big city, using electricity produced from the very dams that you like to bash. Why would you want to spend time in the wilderness?

Care to comment on why Buzz choses to spend his time hunting in "moonscape"?

Paul

Buzz's comments about the lands being moonscape were a generalization that is not applicable to all their lands as evidenced by the photos. Even if some of their properties are moonscapes, I don't think it gives them the priviledges of making others (those owned by the public, private is another matter) a moonscape.

Pointer,

Do you think Buzz's comments were just a tad overexagerated? Do you think that logging in the past had anything to do with the current habitat of the land that Buzz chose to hunt on? Do you think that the land that Buzz called moonscape could someday soon be productive wildlife habitat? Isn't it nice that Plum Creek lets people hunt their land?

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back