More coyotes

Coyotes-R-Us

The wind was to be east, it wasn't.
It was going to be around 10*, wrong.
Full moon all night, got that one right.
The wind was very light and swirly Mostly west-ish.
The temp at 5:00 was more like 20*, WAY over dressed.
The moon ,nothing I can do 'bout the moon , just means the coyotes will be out on the prowl all night, tougher calling is all. It was.
First still Kinda dark but a sweet set up.
We hit the call, a group howl, and the world lit up. coyotes calling back in every direction, Lordy it's going to be good.
We called and called and way late in the set I here the whisper in my ear, Walkie-Talkie in my electro muffs.
Two on the sky line on your left. Finally! The two worked there way across the prairie dog town to the sound of the fox pro.
I could tell we where calling some very call shy dogs. One disappeared in a low spot and we never saw it again.
One kept coming very slowly, it was Just in range at 275 yards when for what ever reason it snapped around and looked straight at ME.
I'm glued on it with the TC, looking at it looking at me. He started to shake a little and I knew the jig was up.
JUST as it started to spin around and make a retreat I sent a 53 gr Berger down the tube.
A miss, but the boy had my back. He was over 100 yards and 'bout 100 feet up above me. He sent a 25 gr 17 go and the coyote fell like a ton of bricks.
Nice way to start, to bad that was the high light of the day.
We averaged a stand an hour and 10 hours later in the dark we finished the day with just that coyote.
I'm VERY impressed with the little hornet!!!

C-R-U

coong_zps3ab04dea.jpg

coonf_zps6264d609.jpg

cooni_zpsa2324c0c.jpg

coonh_zpsed5f842c.jpg

coonb_zps432540b2.jpg
]
:hump:

Got my first yote this year with a bow, I should have taken a good Pic like you. Good Going

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back