Moose tag for 334

coueshunter

Howdy boys and girls! I am the lucky recipient of a cow moose tag late hunt 334. Any suggestions on where to find those critters?

Thanks in advance!

Howdy boys and girls! I am the lucky recipient of a cow moose tag late hunt 334. Any suggestions on where to find those critters?

Thanks in advance!
Willows and water. Look in valleys that have both, around lakes and near streams. Lots of public land in that area. A word from experience: make sure the moose is standing on solid ground when you shoot. Nothing like watching a moose tip over and seeing a big splash, and realizing the day just got a whole lot more difficult...

Congrats and good luck on the hunt.

Willows and water. Look in valleys that have both, around lakes and near streams. Lots of public land in that area. A word from experience: make sure the moose is standing on solid ground when you shoot. Nothing like watching a moose tip over and seeing a big splash, and realizing the day just got a whole lot more difficult...

As the one who caused that moose to tip over in said water I agree with this statement :) That was quite the afternoon and I appreciated the help, Elky.

Thank you, yeah that would be good! I think things will mostly be frozen then.

I asked a similar question last year and got a lot of great responses on a nearby unit. Most common one was, bring a lot of rope. But if you find that thread, there are some gems. Also generous HTers sent me some really great DMs. My only advice is give yourself plenty of time. I ran out of it.

As the one who caused that moose to tip over in said water I agree with this statement :) That was quite the afternoon and I appreciated the help, Elky.
Until someone (me... it was me) got a little too knife happy and cut your finger, I'd say the whole operation went "swimmingly." :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back