Moose Lips

Hummer

Got Moose?

Hanging out at the mountain cabin this weekend I took a walk to see if there was any recent deer, bear or moose signs in the yard. Sure enough, found lots of fresh moose droppings and tracks leading into the forest when I came upon a cow and calf. Followed them around a while as they were browsing on fir needles and aspen bark.

The cow was pretty nonchalant, but the calf was more wary. At one point they browsed within 30 feet of the cabin. The cow stands about 6 ft. 6 inches tall. Big critters.

I've watched elk eat aspen bark in fall and winter but never saw moose do it. It's a little surprising they are eating it now, but the sap flows sweet and wet in April & May. The bark peels easily now.

Gotta love them moose lips!

Wattle side view:

Again this year, I missed drawing a CO bull moose license, 13 years running. Oh well, it's fun just watching them.

How cool is it to have your own yard moose! Anybody else got moose?

Cheers!

Hummer

Great looking shots. Unfortunately I don't have any yard moose, the only critters we get running around here are coyotes stealing dog food ............ and the grandkids, which occasionally eat the dog food as well.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back