Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Moose - Lets see em!

I was 42 when I took that picture. The original "selfie" where you had to set the camera timer and had 10 seconds to run back into the picture.

What's your story?
Did you kill your moose at an older age since the last time I read this post?

Figured I would share a picture of a Wyoming moose I helped out with this year and we got it out whole. You never realize how big they are till you have to load it whole. Haha

Attachments

• FF87FF69-ADD0-4DF8-A6E6-8FCBD1E2BAF1.jpeg
    FF87FF69-ADD0-4DF8-A6E6-8FCBD1E2BAF1.jpeg
    954.4 KB · Views: 50
  • A11797A0-F393-465A-93E9-E00B57C04537.jpeg
    A11797A0-F393-465A-93E9-E00B57C04537.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • 6DBCCD2C-458A-4900-9966-4DFA8D3AED31.jpeg
    6DBCCD2C-458A-4900-9966-4DFA8D3AED31.jpeg
    944 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Did you kill your moose at an older age since the last time I read this post?
Way to go remembering minute details!
Would you believe that since I killed that moose on a DIY solo hunt it just took me that long to pack it out?

Actually, I shot both of my moose over 30 years ago and since then I made a computer spreadsheet listing all of my taxidermy. When I started the spreadsheet I just listed the animal, the year that I shot it, and the cost of the mount.

When I wrote the above post I just quickly looked at my taxidermy spreadsheet, saw a Shiras moose, looked at the year that I shot it, and figured my age. I didn't realize until later that I had posted my age when I shot my first moose instead of my age when I shot the moose pictured.

Very cool Bambi.I can't imagine what it's like to deal with an Alaskan Moose. The pack-out of the Shiras I shot left me broken and loopy for a week and it was less than half a mile.

I have killed one Montana Moose. Scouted 8 whole days during the summer and saw none. I Could've swore I drew an area with no Moose. A half hour into opening morning on an island in the middle of a river I was proven wrong.

Where he fell:

View attachment 51582

Where he is now:

View attachment 51581
awesome mount..great hunt

Dad, Uncle and I went on our dream hunt this past September in Ak. DIY drop hunt that I had been planning for 3.5 years. Aside from the birth of my children, it was the most amazing experience of my life. We drew straws the day before the hunt and my uncle was up first, dad second and I was 3rd. Uncle shot his on hunt day 3 and Dad shot his on the last morning of the hunt. I'll be back in 2022... CANT WAIT!
IMG_5350 - Copy.jpgIMG_0301.JPG

That’s why you only go in pairs. Lol Great moose and memories. I went in 2011 and it was one of the best hunts in my life. Crazy luck to draw last year in lower 48 for another great memory. Congrats to your uncle and father.

Here's my monster Montana bull from 2003.
Your monster bull had a few more points than the one I shot with my recurve in the Selway Bitterroot Wilderness in the early 90s. Several years later, one of my friends mistook its rack for that of a very wide forkie mule deer! 😀

Dad, Uncle and I went on our dream hunt this past September in Ak. DIY drop hunt that I had been planning for 3.5 years. Aside from the birth of my children, it was the most amazing experience of my life. We drew straws the day before the hunt and my uncle was up first, dad second and I was 3rd. Uncle shot his on hunt day 3 and Dad shot his on the last morning of the hunt. I'll be back in 2022... CANT WAIT!
View attachment 174939View attachment 174941
Congrats on fulfilling that dream, I have no idea when but that has always been my biggest dream hunt as well.

Back