moose creek

JKB

Does anyone have any Info on the moose creek area for bears? Have been trying Montana for bears the last couple of years without any luck, I love Montana and have had chances of shooting one just want to try something different this year. Does anyone know how you go about getting a plane ride in and about how much it costs. I don't know anything about this part of Idaho so any thoughts would be great. Also my wife says she would like to get a bear tag this year and I don't think she could do Montana or the back country Idaho thing. Does anyone know of anybody that would do a bait for her don't need any food, or lodging just someone to bait. My wife has been really supportive of my hunting and I would really like to see her have a good experience and a break from our 3 kids. I know it is still early but you can never plan to far ahead.

Thanks

I will be going back there in late April. Joe from Osprey Aviation is the pilot that I use. He is out of Hamilton MT phone number was/is 406-360-7031

Take a topo map, look for bowls away from the River that have creeks in them.

Do you usually see a good amount of animals and how much was the plane ride back then?

Its the hardest fing bear hunt you will ever go on.

For some reason I find it very rewarding. I have killed 4 bears there.

If you dont want to hike you wont see chit.

1 trip in 1 trip out 300.00

Where you live JKB? When I lived in Lolo, I ran a bait in Idaho... It took me 26 minutes (driving like a mofo) to get to my bait site from my house... I had tons of bears hitting it, but never one I considered worth sitting for (I was trail camming them)... but for someone that just wants to shooot "a bear" it is an easy deal...

Moose Creek would be fun too... might even find a shed or two, huh Jason?

E

I live in Central utah so to drive that far to bait is about an 8-12 hour drive depending on where in Idaho I would be baiting.

Well....that throws that idea out the window! Wish I still lived there, I'd set up the bait for gas money for ya! but...its a nice little 5 hour drive now...

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back