Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana's land board in jeopardy

Because our city commission is busy trying to get rid of a 110 year old fountain fountain and pass resolutions about the Smith River instead of working on our decaying infrastructure and lack of competent plowing crews?

A local option tax would seem like a natural given that every two years you have in influx of legislators, their various hangers on, a couple of bus loads of lobbiest and an many thousands of people there to testify. Could be a big boon to the the anti Smith river city commission.

Nemont

A local option tax would seem like a natural given that every two years you have in influx of legislators, their various hangers on, a couple of bus loads of lobbiest and an many thousands of people there to testify. Could be a big boon to the the anti Smith river city commission.

Nemont

We're also a big tourist destination since we're about equal distances between Glacier & Yellowstone, and we attract all kinds of ruffians with those new-fangled fat-tire bikes who take up all the good spots at the Blackfoot.

You would think that they would look at it, but they'd rather dither with fees for the transfer station & other small ball stuff. I don't see citizens in Helena approving it though. We can't even pass a school bond to replace boilers from the 1940's.

Thanks guys for the added info. It did help better define my understanding. My ballot was cast yesterday in support of protecting our lands. While a major sticking point is the division between a state tax and an abolition of such, this is a fight that is available to push another day. This can not be said for our land board selection if our land turns to private hands.

Sheesh! More aspects I value of the R's than the D's yet this one aspect holds such dramatic effect, I will not sway on it! It is pretty darn disappointing! I'll say this, REPUBLICANS will continue to LOSE my vote(s) so long as they continue their push to transfer our land to the states! This is why Zinke received my vote yet Gianforte did not. Wake up R's! /Political rant off <for at least 5 minutes ;) >

Ben - doesn't the land board have the final say on the purchase of all FWP fishing access sites (like Cherry Creek in Bozeman) and WMAs? Even their website talks like their only role is to manage school trust properties.

Ben - doesn't the land board have the final say on the purchase of all FWP fishing access sites and WMAs? Even their website talks like their only role is to manage school trust properties.

Yes. When FWP moves on a property, the commission must approve, then the land board gets to vote on it as well, if I remember correctly. It's been a few years since I worked on any specific project like that, but when I did, we always had to get the land board seal of approval.

If you haven’t yet registered to vote or need to update your registration, it’s not too late!

You can register or update your registration in-person at your county election office up until 8 p.m. on Election Day, which is Tuesday, November 8. If you want to check your registration or have questions about your ballot, you can find all that information at the MT Secretary of State's My Voter Page. More information can be found here.

Polls open at 7am. If you can't make it early then make sure you get in line by 8pm. In Montana you can register to vote on election day. I believe you can find your polling location here.

Tip of the day, when you vote your name gets checked off (so you can't vote twice). The campaign offices monitor this list and once you are checked off they take you off the list of people to contact. So vote early and avoid those annoying canvassers knocking on your door or calling you telling you to vote!

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back