Montana youth nr question

Nick87

I Talked to someone at Montana game and fish a few days ago while I was inquiring about a youth nr tag for my nephew. I asked her if he could apply for a youth deer tag at the reduced price in a party with other adults. She said it wasn't necessary because his could be purchased otc. I'm not seeing this anywhere online other than a supporting license which wouldn't matter as I'm not his parent/grandparent or sibling. Could any of you guys clarify this for me? Thanks.

I think they meant that if YOU draw, you can then purchase a youth tag for the same price. If you do not draw, I do not think you can get the youth tag, it's kind of an add on to your tag.

Youth NR can be bought in person over the counter at any region office. Unlimited..I believe there is a form you can use if your not a parent or guardian.

I Talked to someone at Montana game and fish a few days ago while I was inquiring about a youth nr tag for my nephew. I asked her if he could apply for a youth deer tag at the reduced price in a party with other adults. She said it wasn't necessary because his could be purchased otc. I'm not seeing this anywhere online other than a supporting license which wouldn't matter as I'm not his parent/grandparent or sibling. Could any of you guys clarify this for me? Thanks.
I ran into this last year with a youth hunter - you need to read the regs closely. If you are not the parent or grand parent, he'll need to buy the general tag. Furthermore, with the youth tag the parent has to hunt with the youth. I was surprised how restrictive the rules were.

I ran into this last year with a youth hunter - you need to read the regs closely. If you are not the parent or grand parent, he'll need to buy the general tag. Furthermore, with the youth tag the parent has to hunt with the youth. I was surprised how restrictive the rules were.
Yes or siblings I believe was allowed. I found it in the regs in time to get it straightened out. Had to pay full price as he is my cousins boy not my immediate family. Oh well tried to save a couple $$ he's excited nonetheless.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back