Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Tag Questions

jzeck2

Just applied for my Montana Elk permit and general deer tag and have a couple of questions.

#1 Can you add the archery tag to a Montana limited entry elk permit?

#2 Do I also have to purchase a general hunting license to be able to hunt deer with the general deer tag?

#3 Does the archery permit (total cost $20) allow archery hunting in the general deer units as well?

1) depends on the permit. Most of the either sex general season permits allow you to also hunt during the archery season.

2) No

3) Yes

On question number two, do you mean the "base hunting license? "
This must be the Way they are implementing the price increase because that term is something I have never seen before this year. At first I thought it was the conservation license, untill I went to check out and seeing that I had to have both.
If that is indeed what you meant, I believe it will be automatically added to your purchase before you pay

Thanks,

Big Fin was correct in his elk talk video, Montana is very confusing. Seems like a little simplification should be in order.

1) depends on the permit. Most of the either sex general season permits allow you to also hunt during the archery season.

2) No

3) Yes

I stand corrected. Not sure when that base hunting license snuck in there. Looks like you do have to have it.

You shouldn't have to buy those until after you have found out if you drew a tag.

Back