PEAX Equipment

Montana Super tag drawing

That is pretty amazing that they drew those three, especially the goat and sheep. Did the ones you know kill good ones? The thing that impresses me about the Super Tag is the ability to go anywhere, even the trophy units. Of course, I will apply again for MT SuperTags next year. I did in Idaho this year too, first year for that.
The guy that won three posted them in the link below. Booner sheep and respectable pronghorn and goat. He's the most famous person I know. The other guy killed a booner sheep (lower left corner of the first post in that thread) and ate the deer tag because he didn't find the kind of buck he was looking for.

Last edited:
In 2017, at 12 years old my son drew the Montana SuperTag for moose. I actually drew an Idaho SuperTag for pronghorn that same year. The moose tag was definitely a blessing and a curse. We covered a lot of the state (we live on the east side) and spent a lot of money on fuel, hotels, etc. But in the end my wife and I got to make some unforgettable memories with our son and watch him kill a respectable bull. I consider myself lucky to have got to have that experience with him, most of us won’t be alive by the time our children draw a Montana moose tag.

In 2017, at 12 years old my son drew the Montana SuperTag for moose. I actually drew an Idaho SuperTag for pronghorn that same year. The moose tag was definitely a blessing and a curse. We covered a lot of the state (we live on the east side) and spent a lot of money on fuel, hotels, etc. But in the end my wife and I got to make some unforgettable memories with our son and watch him kill a respectable bull. I consider myself lucky to have got to have that experience with him, most of us won’t be alive by the time our children draw a Montana moose tag.

Ethansdash: You are a great dad. Doing things like this with your son locks in a lifetime hunting partner and allows you to have never-ending stories. He will now probably do the same thing with his kids on down the line.

I drew the first elk Supertag I believe in 2006. I traveled to Montana on three different occasions and hunted all over the state and had a great time, met some great people and some not so great. Wound up killing a 330ish bull in mid January north of Gardiner. Hard part was juggling the Supertag hunt with the job, an October Wyoming Mule deer hunt with my son and an Arizona 13B Rifle mule deer strip tag that I drew two weeks before the Supertag drawing. It was one heck of a year!!!

I drew the first elk Supertag I believe in 2006. I traveled to Montana on three different occasions and hunted all over the state and had a great time, met some great people and some not so great. Wound up killing a 330ish bull in mid January north of Gardiner. Hard part was juggling the Supertag hunt with the job, an October Wyoming Mule deer hunt with my son and an Arizona 13B Rifle mule deer strip tag that I drew two weeks before the Supertag drawing. It was one heck of a year!!!
You had the super tag and You hunted by gardiner??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back