MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana Resident MSG Free Lottery

Any of you pricks that win this better turn it back in.

If I win I will be dming @Marshian for any tips on how to make even more heads explode on here than he did.

Good point though, even though many think this tag is “wrong” would anyone really not use it (assuming a serious, conservation minded hunter drew)? Like the quote above hunting mice.

If I win I will be dming @Marshian for any tips on how to make even more heads explode on here than he did.

Good point though, even though many think this tag is “wrong” would anyone really not use it (assuming a serious, conservation minded hunter drew)? Like the quote above hunting mice.
I very well might, There is a reason I do not put in for the big three now. My time in the fall is very limited and I am indifferent if I kill a goat or sheep. Would trade ether one of them for a chance a big mule deer in a heart beat. Wouldn't mind a big moose, so if I get that tag I am buying several cases of Hopzone and contacting @William Christy. Of course he might insist that I drink a few and that would make me too sick to actually go hunting.

He got more tips, honey holes and way points than anyone I've ever seen on Hunt Talk.

His strategy wasn't the typical claim that the hunt was for his 109-year-old dad with terminal cancer, his 13-year-old with autism or claim to be a wounded veteran.

He just started a post with, "then I said 'f*ck it,' shanked my tent and walked back to my truck because it was cold and my legs hurt."

That dude is a closet genius.

I think that this is a TERRIBLE idea. Moose, sheep, and goat tags are very special, as are most moose, sheep, and goat hunters. Not all hunters have the physical ability to to hunt these animals. I've applied for these tags every year that I've been eligible --- 48 years. And now, at 78, when I apply, I wonder if I still have the physical ability to climb to the top of a goat mountain and bring a goat back down with me.

And then you have the poacher families, where one member goes out and shoots a whole herd of deer or elk, then the whole family buys tags to put on the animals. So 90 year old Granny's tag is picked for a special moose, sheep, or goat tag, and a hunt that she does not have the physical ability to do.

I don’t need a goat tag. I DO need a sheep tag. BTW, what reasoning is this to urge residents to buy early? Makes little sense. MTG

MSG is luck of the draw. I’ve many bonus points but not deluded thinking I will draw. BUT, someone will. I say good luck to all. MTG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back