Montana opener

8andcounting

Good luck to all you folks hunting antelope in Montana tomorrow. I didn’t draw , hopefully next year . Wishing you all luck and looking forward to the stories and photos

I know its a fundamental but if you're shooting at a goat, please make sure there are no other hunters in that direction or beyond.

I have witnessed some wild things in antelope season, especially on opener.

I know its a fundamental but if you're shooting at a goat, please make sure there are no other hunters in that direction or beyond.

Or other antelope. I witnessed some pretty ugly episodes of flock shooting in my first couple years of hunting that almost made me want to quit.

Or other antelope. I witnessed some pretty ugly episodes of flock shooting in my first couple years of hunting that almost made me want to quit.
An emphatic agreement to both these things! My first antelope experience was both terrifying and sickening. Safety and ethics didn’t seem to apply when everyone in the unit had an itchy trigger finger.

Rifle season brings out the worst hunters. Wish we could skip all the imports we are about to be inundated with. But good luck to everyone I hope for success and a prompt return home.

I blows my mind how almost every opener there a decent shot of rain for a lot of the state. I don't know what gets pounded worse the goats or the two tracks and ranch roads that nobody gives a shit about.

Good luck to all, and like @timmy I Wish for the transplants to return quickly and safe and don't come back the last week of November either.

😁

I love the antelope opener. Nice enough weather to get our young daughters out with us. The wife has the tag this year. Plus it’s the best meat there is
I don’t buy the “ best meat there is part” I just don’t . I’ve shot plenty of antelope . Dressed and got hide off immediately. I’d still take an elk steak over any antelope any day of the week

I don’t buy the “ best meat there is part” I just don’t . I’ve shot plenty of antelope . Dressed and got hide off immediately. I’d still take an elk steak over any antelope any day of the week
How do those rutted up muley bucks rate in this mix? Rutted up muley>elk>Antelope. I’m just guessing.

Back