Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana Muzzleloader Season

mstolte

Question: My wife and boys were kind enough to buy me a muzzleloader for my birthday. Reading the regs---sent by FWP on 10/29/21, I don't think the gun they got me is legal during the heritage season. Can anyone out there let me know if this gun is legal?

CVA Optima V2 50 Caliber Stainless Realtree Xtra Break Action Muzzleloader - 26in

Appreciate the help!

Mike

• Muzzleloader hunters must use plain lead projectiles and a muzzleloading rifle that is charged with loose black powder, loose pyrodex or an equivalent loose black powder substitute and ignited by a flintlock, wheel lock, matchlock or percussion mechanism using a percussion or musket cap.
  • The muzzleloading rifle must be a minimum of .45 caliber and may not have more than two barrels.
  • You may not use a muzzleloading rifle that requires insertion of a cap or primer into the open breech of the barrel, is capable of being loaded from the breech or is mounted with an optical magnification device.
  • Use of pre-prepared paper or metallic cartridges, sabots, gas checks or other similar power and range-enhancing manufactured loads that enclose the projectile from the rifling or bore of the firearm is also prohibited.

Question: My wife and boys were kind enough to buy me a muzzleloader for my birthday. Reading the regs---sent by FWP on 10/29/21, I don't think the gun they got me is legal during the heritage season. Can anyone out there let me know if this gun is legal?

CVA Optima V2 50 Caliber Stainless Realtree Xtra Break Action Muzzleloader - 26in

Appreciate the help!

Mike
No, the season is actually a mistake that fwp came up with. They're gonna reverse it soon.

Thanks for confirming. It really should be called more of a flintlock season.

Appreciate the help!

Mike
You could certainly use that during the general season. What a cool gift!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back