Montana Moose.

SWMontana1

Hopefully next weeks results will do me and my max preference points right!! Getting very anxious!

Does anyone know why Montana gives out hardly any moose permits? I tend to see them all time... I was wondering what the logic behind giving so few permits is? I know there is a reason, and probably a very good one, I just don't know the answer.... Throw some knowledge down on me!

They produce slowly, their numbers have been on the decline, the native brothers can kill them without permits, and they get poached a bunch.

Oh, predators have taken a toll in areas too.

Hopefully next weeks results will do me and my max preference points right!! Getting very anxious!

I don't want to wish you any bad luck or anything but I hope my max preference points are luckier than your max. points. I'd hate to know how many guys have max preference points.

Montana Moose

We all have 11 points. The wolves ate most of the moose before thay got the tast for elk.

Don't be so negative guys. This spring bear hunting we saw more moose than we did elk or deer until about our 13th or 14th day out. Seen about 6 or 7 different moose in areas I wouldn't go looking for them in.

I've heard it reported that the calf mortallity rate has been around 100%. I don't think there is any doubt that the population has been in decline since the wolf numbers have increased.

This is the week...

Wait, so natives can basically buy OTC moose tags or can they only hunt moose on reservations without permits?

My bro-in-law drew a cow moose tag. Not sure why he put in for a cow tag, we had discussed the bull tag. I wonder if he wrote the wrong one down?! O-well.

Back to 1 point for moose, was hoping to draw another one! 12 points for sheep and still can't apply for goats yet...not that I am complaining! :) Next year!

Succes

Drew my moose tag! Am still bouncing off the walls and after 8 hours it still hasn't sunk in yet.

You can't just create a profile and have your first post say "drew my moose tag!"

Jackass... :) just kidding. Good luck and have fun! I'm very jealous!!

If you don't mind me asking, how many points did you have?

Moose hunt would be fun. Congrats to those who drew tags and hopefully you'll post on here in the future whether you were successful or not.

It is amazing how difficult it is to draw a moose tag in the western U.S. I killed one last year in Newfoundland and would not trade that hunt for anything. They are a cool animal. If I can ever afford it again, I will go back to Newfoundland in a heartbeat.

I hope that anybody that draws has plans to spend the whole season out there. It would stink to get drawn after that much waiting and not fill the tag.

Good luck and have fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back