Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana House Bill 623: Bonus Points

If you saw Joe jump off a bridge, would you too?

Why not just increase the license fees, for residents and non-residents instead of all this crap that allows people to buy silly points for people that really don't intend to hunt. I'm sure somebody that has a family of 10 will find a way to complain about this, as currently the Brady bunch is in for all moose, sheep and goat for about $200, and that's just soooo tough for a family these days.

Yep.^^^^

Just curious. I see residents post all of the time of getting rid of point systems. I'm just curious as to what they would prefer to the point systems. Straight draw like New Mexico?

I agree with brownbear that Idaho has a pretty good system...although I think my preferred for very limited tags sheep,goats, moose is Colorado's 3 preference points then after that bonus points. I like that you have to have skin in the game to play (no first year drawing crap when some guy has been putting in for 40 years) but that after you have committed to the process you have a chance every year.

I think my preferred system would be pick one Sheep, goat, moose then 4 preference points and after that a straight draw. Make people invest in hunting that state a bit then a straight lottery. Also I think having people fork over the tag fee up front is key. If you really want to hunt sheep you should have to fully commit... I think Utah for instance has the WORST system.

Last edited:
Wllm 1313 that does make a lot of sense. I could def agree with making people have some skin in the game also with 3-4 years of apps before going into a straight draw. That sounds good and I also believe the big 3 should be OIL tags if a person harvest an animal than they are done to allow more folks to enjoy the limited resources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back