Montana HD 412

davemarine1

Long time reader first time poster!

Does anyone have experience in the Judith Mountains of HD 412 in MT? I have been looking and plan on a general tag cow elk hunt. I have not heard back from the biologists yet and have read some stuff on here but nothing too specific...which I guess is to be expected.
Basically, I am just wondering if that come the end of Oct. when the rifles season starts (not interested in shoulder season) are there elk in the Judith Mountains? It appears that other than the mountains, there are some BLM lands and Block Managment land as well as a ton of private. Due to that time of year, and maybe hunting pressure and what not, those that find success, is it still worthy on the public lands or has everything moved to the bottom flats and private land?
There appears to be a good amount of elk in the area and a fair amount of hunting activity as well. Please share your info and thank you in advance. I appreciate it.

If I remember correctly At the public hearing a week or so ago I think that district has more bulls than cows I could be wrong though. I think what bigsky2 is saying there are better areas to target if your goal is cow.

If I remember correctly At the public hearing a week or so ago I think that district has more bulls than cows I could be wrong though. I think what bigsky2 is saying there are better areas to target if your goal is cow.

I see. That makes sense. What are better areas, in your opinion, simply for cows?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTP1029
Back