Montana guide

Does anybody know if a non-resident can hunt in Montana without a guide. In Alaska, BC, Wyoming, Colorado and other stayed you need a guide so I am wondering if you need one for Montana. I don’t think you do but making sure. Thanks

Nope and in Wyoming you only need a guide as a non resident to hunt big and trophy game in a federally designated wilderness area.

And you can hunt CO without a guide as a nonresident. The only species nonresidents need guides in Alaska is brown/griz bears, Dall sheep, and mountain goats.

As far as I know only AK requires a guide for aliens. Wyoming being the exception in wilderness areas as noted above.

And you can hunt CO without a guide as a nonresident. The only species nonresidents need guides in Alaska is brown/griz bears, Dall sheep, and mountain goats.
As a non resident alien I need a guide for all big game species in the Alaska hunting regulation. As a American maybe you only need to have a guide for those species. Thanks

As a non resident alien I need a guide for all big game species in the Alaska hunting regulation. As a American maybe you only need to have a guide for those species. Thanks
Ahhh.... yes. That is correct. My apologies. Didn’t realize you were outside the US.

No Worries, I learned that my first year here as I didnt know it was any different from other states. Michigan you just buy a combo tag an go hunting. Here it can be more complex
I guess as a resident, I've always taken for granted getting to buy all the tags I need at Bob's Valley Market!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back