PEAX Equipment

Montana Gold

el unit

20 minute drive from our ranch. 4 miles of hiking from the 'ol Toyota. BLM public land. General Elk license unit. Our best elk sheds to date! I found the first one about 50 yards below an atv trail and my wife found the second about 200 yards away, 12 ft from the same trail!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1,814
Great find, what do you think he will score? Good to know there are bulls out there like that in general areas.

Green with envy! I hope to find something half that nice this coming weekend in Colorado.

332 5/8 gross score if he had a 40" inside spread. We ran into another guy that was searching for these antlers and has been for a few days. He had some incredible pictures of this bull from over the past couple months. It was wide, that's for sure. Great antlers- couldn't be more happy with our find!
Also, that's a small, old spike antler in the first picture- right side of photo. No idea it was there when I took the photo. We've been skunked the last two outings prior to this find (and today) yet here lays two separate animal's antlers almost on top of each other. Go figure, right?

The other gentleman thought they may have only been on the ground for a day or two. The antlers were so close to the atv trai that it's hard to believe they've been sitting for long. This guy, and (6) USFS atvs drove past these antlers on Saturday. As my wife spotted the second shed, the last USFS employee was driving right past it. Thankfully, he was watching her and not the ground. His left side has crusty blood on pedicel.
Fresh!

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely very fresh then. I've spent about 18 hours so far this year looking in Colorado and have only found one old chewed up elk antler so far. Maybe they are a little later dropping this year. I have vacation next week, so hopefully I will find a few then.

Gold again! 4/10/16 Couldn't find the other antler. Searched for two hours. Will search again when we return from UT later this week.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,107
Back