Caribou Gear

Montana Fish and Game/RMEF Snowy Mountains proposal

joens

http://fwp.mt.gov/news/publicNotices/publicScoping/pn_0020.html Montana Fish and Game is accepting public comments for several more days regarding a proposal to purchase some land in partnership with RMEF to improve access in the Snowy Mountains. For those of you not familiar with the area that is one of the areas heavily bought up by the Wilkes significantly restricting access to public land .

Can someone point me to a map of the proposed purchase? Did not see it on FWP site.

Thanks!
It would be nice if they did include more info if they are looking for substantive scoping comments. I looked, but found nothing. I would not be surprised if the info was available, I just couldn't find it during a quick search.

It appears to be handled through region 5 , The boundary between 4 and 5 is right through the middle of the Snowy's from east to west with region 5 on the south. the article said 5677 acres , a quick search through OnX and Montana cadastral did not bring up a ranch with exactly that acres but it could be a partial sale , With the strong feelings in that area among some landowners it would not surprise me if some details are being kept quit until details are worked out.

It appears to be handled through region 5 , The boundary between 4 and 5 is right through the middle of the Snowy's from east to west with region 5 on the south. the article said 5677 acres , a quick search through OnX and Montana cadastral did not bring up a ranch with exactly that acres but it could be a partial sale , With the strong feelings in that area among some landowners it would not surprise me if some details are being kept quit until details are worked out.
Look up Forrest Allen Trustee as the landowner, you’ll find the exact acerage. Currently sandwiched between the Wilks and another Texan. I’m curious, what are some of the strong feelings of some the the landowners that you’re hearing??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back