Montana big four draw coming up soon !

I’m one of the very very lucky less than a dozen nonresidents to draw a MT limited sheep permit this year. What an amazing privilege. 302-20. I am also fortunate to have plenty of time for the hunt. I will be spending many weeks in MT this summer and fall!

As a nonresident of MT I am especially grateful to have this opportunity. I apply for all kinds of species in many states. Usually 5 to 7 states for sheep. I’m an optimist and always think “there’s a chance” for everything. Except MT sheep. It’s the one tag I always looked at my application as a worthwhile donation to a good cause with some microscopic chance of personal upside. Well dang! I was wrong. I don’t know what I’ll have to do to pay the universe back for this tag but it’s gonna take awhile and some effort.

Man so that's were my tag went.... Congrats to you how many points did you have to draw the tag? Can't wait to read the story this fall so please post one so we can live through your sheep hunt.

Sorry first time writing on hunt talk and I bragging but I drew a 385-20 Either sex Bison tag.
yah, don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer" but don't get too excited, that hunt has been going down hill every year, last year was one of the worst.... I know from first-hand experience.....

Drew a 312-50 moose tag. Unfortunately (what a problem) I drew too many tags this year going to be a goat rodeo and hopefully I still have a job when the smoke clears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back