Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana antelope in November?

Went out today. Many are already in unusually large groups for this time of the season. I filled my doe tag out of a herd of 50+. I don’t remember ever seeing them so grouped up this early.
Seeing the same thing in Wyoming for some reason.

A buddy and I are heading out to Montana from Missouri at the end of this month, planning on being there Halloween morning. We both have general deer tags and I have a region 7 antelope tag.

We are going to hunt the southeast corner the first couple days, hoping to fill my antelope tag quickly so we can really focus on mule deer.

I have hunted antelope in Wyoming a couple times, but earlier in the season. Does anyone have any experience hunting them that late? Any tips or advice?
how did the antelope hunt go? i’m most likely driving out to hunt the 7 antelope tag thus october

how did the antelope hunt go? i’m most likely driving out to hunt the 7 antelope tag thus october
I killed my antelope within an hour and was harassed by a rancher who wanted to act like he owned all the BLM ground around his place. Good times!

Make sure you have onx and use the tracker feature.

Last edited:
I killed my antelope within an hour and was harassed by a rancher who wanted to act like he owned all the BLM ground around his place. Good times!

Make sure you have onx and use the tracker feature.
thanks for the info. congrats on getting your pronghorn, i’ve admired them for years. this year will be my first time hunting them

A buddy and I are heading out to Montana from Missouri at the end of this month, planning on being there Halloween morning. We both have general deer tags and I have a region 7 antelope tag.

We are going to hunt the southeast corner the first couple days, hoping to fill my antelope tag quickly so we can really focus on mule deer.

I have hunted antelope in Wyoming a couple times, but earlier in the season. Does anyone have any experience hunting them that late? Any tips or advice?
Are otc pronghorn tags easy to get in Montana?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back