Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

monday shed tip

antlerradar

All of the outdoor writers will tell you that one of the best places to put a stand is in a funnel. Place the stand in a spot were the natural features of the land tend to funnel deer movement to your stand. Natural features it the land also funnel people as they hike around the hills. People are getting funneled into places like the top of ridges, the bottom of draws, the edge of fields and by hundreds of other features. There must be "dead spots" that people are getting funneled away from. Some places get lots of people traffic and others just a few hundred feet or yards away get very little. We are creatures of habit and most to the time we take the path of least resistance. If you think about it you will quickly learn were the dead spots are and find antlers others have walked by. Often the deer in the area (most likely the older bucks ) quickly learn the dead spots and use them to bed.

Antlerradar

I like the tip. I walked out of my truck and found one 50 yards away in the backyard of a residence leading to bedding areas. Once I got in the woods, I must have come upon 30 beds in one 5 acre area in thick cover. Didn't find a one there. Just goes to show you, you never know where you will find one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back