Yeti GOBOX Collection

Molded Kennels

JdGoodhart

What does everyone thing about molded kennels? They are all pretty expensive but was wondering what peoples opinions on them are. Are they worth it?

The more time you spend on the road, the more risk to your dog, and the more they are worth it. I picked up a Dakota 283 blemish for a pretty good price.

I’ve had a Ruff Land kennel for 5 years now. I put a Mud River kennel cover on it and the combo has worked really well for me.

I have a Ruff Land that I bought about a year ago. So far I like it. I only use it in the vehicle. The only dislike I had about it is that you have to buy all the accessories separate. All it comes with is the door. Want carry handles for the top? $25 Want tie-down anchor points? Another $25
Not sure what part of PA you're in, but Lion Country Supply between Altoona and State College is a dealer and they usually have several sizes in stock at the showroom.

I use mine just for the road. We turned a small storage space under the stairs into a room for the dog. He stays in there when we’re not home.

I use mine just for the road. We turned a small storage space under the stairs into a room for the dog. He stays in there when we’re not home.
What size do you have MLaird? I think I'm going to go with ruffland I'm just not sure what size to go. Our pup is a lab mix that is 5 months and 40lbs already

What size do you have MLaird? I think I'm going to go with ruffland I'm just not sure what size to go. Our pup is a lab mix that is 5 months and 40lbs already
I'm pretty sure its the intermediate. And I just went with the single door. My lab is 70-75 lbs and it is perfect for him.

My lab is 70lbs and we went with the large
I'm thinking I'm gonna go with a large. The dogs mother is already complaining that he doesn't fit in the wire kennel we have for him now even though he does so I think this purchase will come sooner rather than later lol

I bought a ruffland from Cabelas a few years back before they changed the name, and it is a big upgrade over the plastic two piece kennels IMO. I just use it on the road. I think I have the intermediate size (not 100% sure), but it fits my 75lbs lab. I felt those were the best bang for my buck when compared to the gunner kennels or the two piece plastic ones.

I'm thinking I'm gonna go with a large. The dogs mother is already complaining that he doesn't fit in the wire kennel we have for him now even though he does so I think this purchase will come sooner rather than later lol
Dogs don't need a lot of room in a travel crate. Just enough to get in and lay down.

I'm picking up our new puppy (golden retriever) on Sunday and will be in the market for a kennel as she gets older. Anyone try the Orion kennels? They aren't cheap but Orion is made in USA and they support conservation so I'd like to support them if the reviews can justify the price.

I'm picking up our new puppy (golden retriever) on Sunday and will be in the market for a kennel as she gets older. Anyone try the Orion kennels? They aren't cheap but Orion is made in USA and they support conservation so I'd like to support them if the reviews can justify the price.
They look nice, but really out of my price range

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back