Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MMMMMM, Yummy

schmalts

Went out this morning and got a limit of my favorite meat.
P1040969.jpg
[/IMG]
P1040968.jpg
[/IMG]

Ooh, nice mess of craps and gills there Selleck.

That Sen-sive series Frabill rod your using is one of my favorites for light biting pannies and perch!

Schmalts what's your recipe for the crappie? I just pan fry mine with flour, salt, pepper and butter. How do you do yours.

Schmalts what's your recipe for the crappie? I just pan fry mine with flour, salt, pepper and butter. How do you do yours.

Shore lunch fish coating. I haven't found anything I like more than that stuff. I do cut it with about 20% corn starch though as I find it takes some of the clumping away and really doesn't change the flavore much.

Ooh, nice mess of craps and gills there Selleck.

That Sen-sive series Frabill rod your using is one of my favorites for light biting pannies and perch!

Me too. I can outfish anyone using spring bobbers with that rod. You really have to watch that tip for the slightest movement and then stick em. I fish with guys that cannot believe that I do so well without a spring bobber.
I found that when the fish want some action i jig it very little and when you see the rod tip stop moving with the jigging, a fish is hanging on the hook and stick em. Takes a little getting used to though.

RR, I do it much like schmalts, but I use "Fryin' Magic" instead of "Shorelunch". Throw in some onions and taters (with a heavy dose of cayenne) and you've got yourself a feast.

Might give that a try. Thanks for the recipes. The lake has finally thawed out so will be hitting em this weekend.

Back