Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Mixed feelings

devon deer

Such a beautiful animal to shoot, but the lambing season will start very soon and the farmers won't tolerate foxes around, but it's like I tell them, 3 foxes come to the funeral and one stays behind!
I went out with my friend @Big Ears last night, he used his CZ527 .204 and my gun pictured was a .243 Sako 75, we work as a great team, we count, 1,2,then bang!
It was around 175 yards, standing shots off our quad sticks.
This is my night vision/thermal set-up
Cheers
Richard
IMG_20191128_213919152.jpgIMG_20191128_204039654.jpg

Last edited:
How much does the attachment weigh and what does it do to your cheek weld?
As in the photo, the night vision is added to the rear of the scope, it is fully adjustable, so before you use it you set it up for reticule focus and eye relief, your cheek still fits nicely against the stock, it weighs 8oz.
The thermal is a hand held spotter.
The unit has an inbuilt IR light which is good out to 100 yards, but you can add on a separate IR torch which takes it out to 300 yards, which is what Big Ears had.
You have to be so careful, I could see a pair of eyes with my inbuilt IR, but it was around 175 yards away, so didn't dare take the shot, but as soon as my mate switched on his IR you could clearly identify it as a fox
Also, you have to know the area and safe back stops when shooting.
Cheers
Richard

Such a beautiful animal to shoot, but the lambing season will start very soon and the farmers won't tolerate foxes around, but it's like I tell them, 3 foxes come to the funeral and one stays behind!
I went out with my friend @Big Ears last night, he used his CZ527 .204 and my gun pictured was a .243 Sako 75, we work as a great team, we count, 1,2,then bang!
It was around 175 yards, standing shots off our quad sticks.
This is my night vision/thermal set-up
Cheers
Richard
View attachment 121334View attachment 121333
Richard

we have talked many times about night vision and thermal, i think we must have been the last 2 hunters in the U.K. to bite the bullet and go for it!

We have shot 50 foxes since harvest for my farmer with the Chinese water deer and they keep on coming and we keep on shooting.

it’s just too wet here in the east at the moment, you can’t walk anywhere quietly.

Richard

we have talked many times about night vision and thermal, i think we must have been the last 2 hunters in the U.K. to bite the bullet and go for it!

We have shot 50 foxes since harvest for my farmer with the Chinese water deer and they keep on coming and we keep on shooting.

it’s just too wet here in the east at the moment, you can’t walk anywhere quietly.
I think you are correct mate, slow to join the masses, too traditional I suppose, but things move on, it's a great tool for vermin control.
Doesn't stop one missing though as I did last week!:LOL:

Too frosty down here in the morning, too wet in the afternoons!

Cheers

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back