Missouri River Breaks MT- Hunting Elk

Two Dot, I came up with that "garbage through personal experience. I Never said anything about the makeup of land ownership. I was talking about getting harassed on multiple occasion while on public land. As for the Humvees (not HMMWV that you are thinking about) The Lewistown field office has complaints from multiple people, myself included, of this happening. The shooting elk with rifles "garbage"? Well, when multiple people see it happen and report it, it is more of a substantiated fact than "garbage".

I always like to know within GPS accuracy and map verified exactly where I am, because even on PUBLIC land, folks will try to run you off.

Introduction

Hi, sorry I failed to introduce myself earlier, I'm new to forums. I'm married with three kids lived in west central wi all my life and been bow hunting for 23 years, I've rifle hunted and bow hunted montana before but never the breaks. I've hunted on horse back in the bob marshall, and north of bozeman in zones 312,393, and west of three forks 333. With that ask away and I can help in return the best I can, thank you for the reply

Welcome to the site.

You will have a great experience hunting the breaks. It is completely different from hunting the mountains. Totally unique. Get the best glass you can and be prepared to spend a lot of time behind it. The first year or two I hunted out there, I would overlook a lot of areas that I didn't think would have elk in them.

As for my previous suggestions, I would just be prepared at all times to show some idiot (landowner, non-landowner, local, out of state) that you are in fact hunting PUBLIC ground, and that you are not going to let them harass you out of "their" hunting area.

Good Luck and have fun

I am no expert on that area but I went on the north side last year and I lost about a pint of blood. I think the Mosquitos are attracted to deet, because repellent had no effect.:W:

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back