Missouri Breaks Catfishing

a.a.ron

Looking to take my wife and a friend camping and target catfish from shore May or June 2021. We are from NW Montana. In the 30 years I've lived here we have never made it to the Breaks. We have an old 24 foot RV. No need for hook ups. I would be very grateful for any tips on where to cast a line.

Happy fishing

I've done well at fred robinson on down to rock creek be careful hauling trailer to Anne if wet. I usually do best just before high water and right after. Fall can be amazing for big cats.

I've done well at fred robinson on down to rock creek be careful hauling trailer to Anne if wet. I usually do best just before high water and right after. Fall can be amazing for big cats.
Thank you so much!

I make it out there most years in late May. We are primarily after paddlefish, but that gets old pretty quick so we end up fishing for cats and anything else that wants to bite. We find some calmer water and sink worms and minnows. Usually end up with a mixed bag on our stringer. Be prepared for just about any weather conditions and the potential for LOTS of mosquitos.

DSCN0518.jpg

Every once in a while we catch one like the one above, but most are like these.
DSCN0471.jpg

Should be a great time. Anywhere in the breaks for catfishing would be great! Try to fish on bends where the river flows away from the bank towards the middle of the river. As far as with the camper the Fred Robinson Bridge area would be good. Worms work great but the problem is a lot of the smaller fish like to nibble them off and give nuisance bites so I personally love using cut bait!! If you could catch a carp before hand and keep it cold and cut it up then you will sleigh some cats!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back